Dropping In To Say "hi"

14 replies to this topic

#1 mixingitup

Soap Guru

• Asylum Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:43 PM

Boy, it seems like it's been a long time. I searched with the old link some months ago and thought the forum was gone forever. What a relief to find you all today. I see I have some catching up to do.

I haven't been doing any soaping or cosmetics for almost 3 years but life finally settled down a bit. Looking at all these supplies kind of got me in the mood to actually make something with them.

Helen, the forum looks great.
Mixin'

#2 soapaddict

Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,443 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:42 AM

Mixin!!! So glad to see you here!!! The forum's more quiet these days, but we've got some of the old crew back, with new posts and new ideas:). Hop right in!!!

And YES... we ALL have a lot of supplies to use up still I'm sure:)!!!

#3 Matchy

Bath Salts

• Asylum Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:28 AM

Good to see another one return. I'm in the same boat as you - I feel you...

Got three soaps made and actually made two of them HP - that was quite an adventure. Not sure if I'll continue doing that but it definitely is a fast solution.
..................call me bubblehead.....................

changed to: certified geek......

#4 mixingitup

Soap Guru

• Asylum Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:16 PM

Hi to both of you.

Well, I've only made a couple of batches of soap in the last year and 3 is my goal for now.

I have 2 egg crates full of soap; what a mess!! So many unwrapped odds and ends, turned to junk by the humidity. The old bars that I had wrapped in pretty napkins got all sweaty and the napkins stuck to them. I always liked Sam's Choice because it wraps so tight; but unfortunately, it does let a little air in. Saran wrap seems to be the best at protecting against humidity.

I found a big chunk of African black soap; boy, does that stuff turn nasty after a while.

Going through the soap sure brought back a lot of memories of the neat swaps we did.
Mixin'

#5 Etelka

Soap Sophisticate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:49 AM

Hey good to see you all! I think we have all been sitting on a back burner for a while, I know i have. For the last 2 years or so I have only made soap for my family, mainly bc of health issues, namely huge hernia(s) after a hysterectomy. So I do need to be inspired,...NO.... I need a rocket up my behind to get going, my supplies have NEVER been this low, and with my two boys moving out into their own homes recently and taking most of the soap and shampoo bars with them, I really need to get myself into gear and replenish my stock. Gosh, not the best time, with Christmas on our doorstep, and all the catching up that goes on with friends at this time of the year, but I am determined to get some soaping done, I will NOT EVER use store bought stuff again, even if I have to make a few bars at a time.
Hello to you all, I am so happy to see you on this board
Etelka
'Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

#6 Matchy

Bath Salts

• Asylum Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:55 PM

Hey Etelka, good to see you around. Yep, we all have been lacking sorely in the soap department... Sometimes I think that happened because I, for once, have started to take it way too serious. I never had the ambition to do it professionally, but I was producing borderline - guess I forgot how much fun it can be to just make soap. But I'm getting back into the groove here and actually started experimenting with stuff I haven't done before like HP. Turned out nice, but I'll always be a CP soaper. My goal for now is to have about a hundred bars - 5 to 6 different scents, go on my itty-bitty christmas market and donate the rest to the Women's Shelter. That'll be it for me this year. But it also got me to take inventory and throw stuff out that I've kept since I started (tiny voice in my head telling me we might need it one day.... lol). So, my stockroom is becoming usable again, I have space all of a sudden and my house doesn't look like a ware-house anymore. So, I guess I'm good for right now. But we definitely could do a: Getting back the groove kinda swap...
..................call me bubblehead.....................

changed to: certified geek......

#7 LovinLocks

Hobby Soaper In The House

• Asylum Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 07:11 PM

Greetings Etelka, Matchy, Mixin, and Helen!

Yes, the holidays are upon you guys, but please bookmark us, and let's keep in touch and have in our minds something spectacular for us early '12 here at Soapers Asylum.

"So, I guess I'm good for right now. But we definitely could do a: Getting back the groove kinda swap..."

Aiiiiight now, dats what I'm talkin' 'bout!

LL
Namaste,

Lovin' Locks
http://www.HipHillbillyFarm.com

#8 soapaddict

Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,443 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:22 PM

Hey Minah, I'm up for a little swap in 2012:). Not sure about soap, for those of us not making as much by way of soaps and body products, maybe we can send what else we're doing more of (I can send glass):).

#9 soapbuddy

Saponista

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:15 PM

Nice to "see" all of you.

#10 soapaddict

Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,443 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:03 AM

Hi Irena:)!

#11 Paupau

Bath Salts

• Asylum Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:45 PM

Hey Yall, Happy New Year. Trying to get my swing going to. I've found my bowl and stick blender. Im up for a 2012 How the Soaper Got Her Groove Back swap.

#12 soapaddict

Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,443 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:11 PM

Great Paupau:). It's been really quiet around here... but then, I've been playing more with glass than soaping myself lately. I'm glad to see you ready to soap again, pix when you are done:)!

#13 LovinLocks

• Asylum Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:29 PM

View PostPaupau, on 04 January 2012 - 02:45 PM, said:

Hey Yall, Happy New Year. Trying to get my swing going to. I've found my bowl and stick blender. Im up for a 2012 How the Soaper Got Her Groove Back swap.

I'm with you; you ain't said nothing but a word!!!!!!
Namaste,

Lovin' Locks

#14 LovinLocks

• Asylum Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:14 PM

It's me, dropping in AGAIN to see what's up. For real, I have something on my mind and thought I might get an answer here at SA.
Namaste,

Lovin' Locks

#15 nouf

Bath Foam

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:22 AM

View Postmixingitup, on 19 November 2011 - 02:43 PM, said:

Boy, it seems like it's been a long time. I searched with the old link some months ago and thought the forum was gone forever. What a relief to find you all today. I see I have some catching up to do.

I haven't been doing any soaping or cosmetics for almost 3 years but life finally settled down a bit. Looking at all these supplies kind of got me in the mood to actually make something with them.

Helen, the forum looks great.

View Postsoapaddict, on 20 November 2011 - 01:42 AM, said:

Mixin!!! So glad to see you here!!! The forum's more quiet these days, but we've got some of the old crew back, with new posts and new ideas:). Hop right in!!!

And YES... we ALL have a lot of supplies to use up still I'm sure:)!!!

View PostMatchy, on 20 November 2011 - 11:28 AM, said:

Good to see another one return. I'm in the same boat as you - I feel you...

Got three soaps made and actually made two of them HP - that was quite an adventure. Not sure if I'll continue doing that but it definitely is a fast solution.
thanks

View Postmixingitup, on 20 November 2011 - 05:16 PM, said:

Hi to both of you.

Well, I've only made a couple of batches of soap in the last year and 3 is my goal for now.

I have 2 egg crates full of soap; what a mess!! So many unwrapped odds and ends, turned to junk by the humidity. The old bars that I had wrapped in pretty napkins got all sweaty and the napkins stuck to them. I always liked Sam's Choice because it wraps so tight; but unfortunately, it does let a little air in. Saran wrap seems to be the best at protecting against humidity.

I found a big chunk of African black soap; boy, does that stuff turn nasty after a while.

Going through the soap sure brought back a lot of memories of the neat swaps we did.

Yeah I see

Copyright © 2017 Your Company Name