Jump to content

IPBoard Styles©Fisana

- - - - -

I was sad, but now I am happy


17 replies to this topic

#1 TAS

    Little Bubbles

  • Asylum Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:31 AM

This is a sad confession... Finally, after not soaping since October, I got to make soap yesterday. I was on a high!

I really need to get with it and start restocking. I made two basic batches to see if I still remember how. I have not photographed the new babies yet, but I thought I would share the October batches with you all.
White Lilac
Posted Image

and GreenMan
Posted Image

I used a blend of eos and fos and I gotta say finally after not being into fos I can say I like them and they like me back. Some fos give me headaches so I have to be picky and pray.

TAS

#2 LovinLocks

    Hobby Soaper In The House

  • Asylum Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 05:38 AM

OOh, I feel ya, TAS. I can just imagine the high. I haven't soaped in a while either. Just eyeing prophytes wares like you and Soapfreak. Beautiful. I am working on the last of the soap I received from you and the amber lotion is looong gone. That stuff is the bomb. Everybody loves it. I must get my hands on more.
Namaste,

Lovin' Locks
http://www.HipHillbillyFarm.com

#3 TAS

    Little Bubbles

  • Asylum Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:06 AM

View PostMi~Joy, on Jan 4 2009, 06:38 AM, said:

OOh, I feel ya, TAS. I can just imagine the high. I haven't soaped in a while either. Just eyeing prophytes wares like you and Soapfreak. Beautiful. I am working on the last of the soap I received from you and the amber lotion is looong gone. That stuff is the bomb. Everybody loves it. I must get my hands on more.

Good morning darling! Glad I popped in here - for some reason I don't get email notifications from this forum. What does "prophytes" mean??? Something good if Soapfreak is included! I finally updated my site to include Amber Magic. Can I use a quote from you? That would be cool.
TAS

#4 soapaddict

    Admin

  • Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,443 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 05:50 PM

TAS, those are gorgeous!!! I need to soap badly.... LOL!

#5 Denise2456

    Soap Sophisticate

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 07:45 PM

TAS, Thanks so much for posting those beautiful soap pics.:dance I haven't soaped in soooo long. :( Hopefully soon I will be able to get my addiction back. :dance
Denise :)
Houston, Tx

#6 TAS

    Little Bubbles

  • Asylum Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 09:28 AM

For some reason there is something so satisfying about making soap. We are alchemists turning oil and lye into gold...

I am hoping that the Universe gives me the green light and I can make about 3 or 4 more batches next week. I fell on the 1st and my leg is sore and nicely bruised but healing. The cold affects it so I am not sure I can hang out in my soap lab too long. Today I hope to make bath fizzies because I can sit down while doing it.

TAS

#7 Regalm

    Soap Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:35 PM

just LOVE the Green Man, what is the purple stuff on top? Looks like flower petals.

sorry to hear about your sore bruised leg but glad it's healing!

#8 soapbuddy

    Saponista

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:51 AM

These soaps are gorgeous!

#9 GreenGirl

    Bath Salts

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:00 PM

View PostTAS, on Jan 6 2009, 09:28 AM, said:

I am hoping that the Universe gives me the green light and I can make about 3 or 4 more batches next week. I fell on the 1st and my leg is sore and nicely bruised but healing. The cold affects it so I am not sure I can hang out in my soap lab too long. Today I hope to make bath fizzies because I can sit down while doing it.


There is a soapmaker I know from "the olden days"; Faerie Made, Tina is her first name. You can find her online...deleted my bookmarks recently so I don't have it handy.

Anyway, she makes a WONDERFUL arnica balm. My husband had a hideous, sore, bruised [probably broken] toe and I had him use it and it was almost like new over night! I've actually used it on my temples when they ache from griding my teeth while I sleep and it helps that, too.

Arnica as a homeopathic remedy is good for swelling and soft-tissue injury too, but homeopathy and essential oils don't mix, so pick one or the other. I hope you feel better soon! Sue

#10 soapbuddy

    Saponista

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:13 PM

A homeopathic remedy is an extremely diluted dose of a mineral, animal, or chemical. Are you super diluting the arnica?

I use infused arnica as a % in my balm.

#11 GreenGirl

    Bath Salts

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:17 PM

View Postsoapbuddy, on Jan 8 2009, 10:13 PM, said:

A homeopathic remedy is an extremely diluted dose of a mineral, animal, or chemical. Are you super diluting the arnica?

I use infused arnica as a % in my balm.


I'm sorry Irena. I guess I confused you.

I recommended Tina's arnica balm, I don't make it myself. I'm a customer.

I also suggested that arnica homeopathy would help with bruising and pain and swelling. Arnica the herbal medicine is completely different from arnica the homeopathic remedy...they just both start with the same plant.

I used to run a wholistic health center, owned by a Naturopathic Doctor whose specialty was homeopathic medicine. So I know a lot about homeopathic medicine, and personally experienced patients whose remedy was negated by the strong aromas of essential oils.

For those of you who are not familiar with homeopathy, it is a system of medicine where the remedy is made by repeatedly diluting and succession* of a material, often to the point where no molecules of the original substance is left. But the remedy is actually stronger the more dilute it is. It is similar to vaccines where a substance is given which, in overdose, would give the same symptoms as it is given to cure. It works like other energy medicines: acupuncture; shiatsu; reiki, etc. on the "chi" or energy of the person/animal rather than chemically.

Sue

*succession is violent agitation

#12 soapbuddy

    Saponista

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 02:11 AM

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

And you are right, homeopathic medicine should never be stored next to essential oils or any strong scented oils as they will negate the properties of homeopathic medicine.

#13 TAS

    Little Bubbles

  • Asylum Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 06:02 PM

Hey Guys - I popped in to see what's happening since I don't get any notices (sad). I sprinkled blue malva, jojoba and blue lotus incense on top of GreenMan.

Turns out I have a fracture. Seven days after the fall the sore muscles abated and I could tell that my bones were hurting. So go for Xrays yada, yada, yada.

O well.
TAS

#14 soapbuddy

    Saponista

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 06:53 PM

View PostTAS, on Jan 10 2009, 03:02 PM, said:

Hey Guys - I popped in to see what's happening since I don't get any notices (sad). I sprinkled blue malva, jojoba and blue lotus incense on top of GreenMan.

Turns out I have a fracture. Seven days after the fall the sore muscles abated and I could tell that my bones were hurting. So go for Xrays yada, yada, yada.

O well.
TAS

Oh no! Heal soon!

#15 Regalm

    Soap Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:36 AM

View PostGreenGirl, on Jan 9 2009, 06:17 PM, said:

I used to run a wholistic health center, owned by a Naturopathic Doctor whose specialty was homeopathic medicine. So I know a lot about homeopathic medicine, and personally experienced patients whose remedy was negated by the strong aromas of essential oils.

For those of you who are not familiar with homeopathy, it is a system of medicine where the remedy is made by repeatedly diluting and succession* of a material, often to the point where no molecules of the original substance is left. But the remedy is actually stronger the more dilute it is. It is similar to vaccines where a substance is given which, in overdose, would give the same symptoms as it is given to cure. It works like other energy medicines: acupuncture; shiatsu; reiki, etc. on the "chi" or energy of the person/animal rather than chemically.

Sue

*succession is violent agitation

I love homeopathic medicine. I love the way you have to take the 'whole' person into account when deciding which remedy to use. My favorite of all is nux vomica. I swear it cures everything even though it's used primarily for type A personalities and I'm type Zzzzz LOL

I am storing them in the same cabinet as some of my essential and fragrance oils - Ooops!

#16 soapchick

    Little Bubbles

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:55 PM

Obviously you haven't lost your touch at all. Those soaps are beautiful and creamy looking. Looking forward to more photos from you.
Michelle
Posted Image

#17 nouf

    Bath Foam

  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:03 AM

nice

#18 WholeEarth

    Green Goddess

  • Sponsor Guide
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:48 PM

More Pictures from everyone please! Pretty please? I'll post some as well! Let's get this party re-started! I miss you all!!! I'm feeling very lonely here~!
Let's Keep it Green Folks!

CO-OP OF AMERICA SEAL
WHOLE EARTH NATURAL PRODUCTS INC. CO-OP OF AMERICA APPROVED GREEN CORPORATION


Ciao' For Now!!

"Goodness is Your Nature, Flaunt it:
copyright 2005-2008 Peggy Williams All Rights Reserved





Copyright © 2017 Your Company Name