- - - - -

Workshops?

2 replies to this topic

#1 LisaJean2

Bath Foam

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:35 PM

Hello to everyone. I'm new- just found this site today- and I am so thrilled with all the information that is here. I am a complete newbie when it comes to making lotions but I can not wait to start! I was wondering if anyone here knows of any lotion/soap making workshops or classes on the east coast? I did an internet search and found some in CA or UT but that is a little too far for me right now.

I would appreciate any suggestions!

-Lisa

#2 lotionlady

Soap Socialite

• Sponsor Guide
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 04:48 PM

I think your best bet for things like soap and lotionmaking classes is to check with the adult education programs in local jr. colleges. At least that can be a good place to start. Another alternative is to view videos on line. Here is one I found in a quick search:

Here's a book that I have. I think the ingredients are way too complicated (hard to find), but that doesn't really matter because you can substitute simple things and have fun:

http://www.amazon.com/Making-Aromatherapy-...8492&sr=8-3

Once you understand the basics, we have a Lotion Worksheet that can help you organize your process as well as a listing of Common Preservatives.

For ingredients that you might need, check our Supplies forum for a listing of some of our suppliers.

If you have questions as you proceed, don't hesitate to ask questions :D

HTH!
Walk Softly, Live Gently, Breathe Deeply
Harmony Soaps & Scents
Member Coop America Business Network

#3 LisaJean2

Bath Foam

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 11:03 AM

Thank you so much for those resources! I'm off to check them out...

Take Care,
Lisa

Copyright © 2014 Your Company Name